Where we are now?
Capital velocity in sustainability exceeds the current market offering. As such, enterprises face significant challenges in sourcing ‘tangible’ green investments
Blockchain represents a revolution for corporate sustainability. Digital infrastructure built on blockchain can solve many existing challenges in designing, deploying, and reporting on climate-positive initiatives and solutions.
Why does this matter? With regulators, investors, and the public increasingly demanding more climate engagement from the private sector, options for meaningful green investments are sorely needed. Enabled by blockchain, organizations can contribute to a low-carbon future built on trustless, green solutions and powered by transparent data.
Where do we see opportunities for disruption?
- Lack of standardization: There is currently no standardized way to measure and report ESG performance
- Data Quality: There is a lack of reliable and consistent ESG data available for companies
- Impact: It is hard to measure the real impact of ESG investments
- Liquidity: Some ESG investment options may have lower liquidity than traditional investments
- Performance: Concerns about potential underperformance compared to traditional investments
- Greenwashing: Companies may make claims about their ESG performance without providing adequate evidence
DLT can solve this, offering potent benefits for ESG:
Digital Measurement, Reporting, Verification
Secure, transparent records of supply chain, carbon emissions and ESG metrics to meet regulatory requirements and showcase ESG commitment
Improve Liquidity and Expedite Settlement
Represent ESG performance with tokens that can be bought and sold, providing revenue and investment opportunities for stakeholders
Automate compliance with ESG regulations and create a transparent ESG history, building trust with stakeholders
What we've done
IntellectEU is a premier sustainability technology provider
We specialize in building DLT-based solutions for ESG / sustainability-focused use cases. We provide capabilities in the areas of product and software development, business analysis, solution architecture, and delivery management.
The transition to a low-carbon future requires extraordinary global coordination powered by innovation with emerging technologies. Drastic reductions in greenhouse gas emissions are vital, but so too are the correct approaches to measuring and reporting on environmental and social business impacts.
Blockchain is a game changer for tracking and auditing in carbon accounting. And it opens up opportunities for novel financial solutions capable of marshaling efforts to address the climate crisis.
How are these capabilities being employed in the real world?
- Irrefutable Carbon Accounting
An end to uncertainty, inaccuracy, and double counting of credits. Blockchain’s immutable nature renders carbon tracking data incontestable, ensuring accusations of greenwashing are a thing of the past.
- Next-generation Carbon Markets
Blockchain will become a ubiquitous infrastructure upon which real-time impact data is stored and processed. By combining blockchain with remote sensing, an equitable and dynamic next-generation carbon market is emerging.
- Tokenized Green Bond Issuance
Tokenized green bonds leverage digital asset infrastructure and programmability. As a result, issuers can create a more customizable financial product. Blockchain-based tokenization permits efficiency gains, more granular data, and the lower financial thresholds necessary for expanded investor participation.
- Tokenized Impact Funds
Blockchain broadens access to private market investment strategies for positive impact by offering significant advantages over legacy systems. For example, tokenization opens up new liquidity opportunities through 24/7 tradeability and fluid settlements; it creates greater transparency through comprehensive records of ownership and transactions; and it can improve accessibility, thanks to lower cost barriers, leading to new demographic reach.
IntellectEU client projects in the sustainability space
ESG Data Provenance
Proof-of-state system containing immutable information that defines the provenance of data for clients’ ESG assets so that they can be registered and valued according to their full life-cycle story.
Tokenized Carbon Credit Tracking
Enterprise-grade version of an existing framework used to track carbon emissions and credits for ecological benefit projects.
Blockchain-based Emissions Registry
Blockchain-based registry focused on sustainable aviation fuel that uses tokens to represent emission reduction claims.
Sustainability Incentivization System
Application that rewards end-users for their environmental sustainability efforts. These tokens can then be spent at local merchants on “green” products.
Where we're going
Ready for a net-zero carbon future?
We offer complete cradle-to-grave solutions development services. The right knowledge. The right teams. The right technologies. Our specialists combine technical excellence with unparalleled expertise in emerging technologies, capital markets, insurance, supply chains, Web3, and sustainability.
IntellectEU can help you deliver market-leading sustainability solutions:
- Secure and transparent records of a company's supply chain and carbon emissions, helping to meet regulatory requirements
- Tokenization to represent a company's ESG performance, which can be bought and sold on a secondary market
- Smart Contracts to automate compliance with ESG regulations and allow the creation of a transparent record of your company's compliance history
- Create decentralized platforms where ESG companies can engage with their stakeholders and build a transparent and direct relationship with customers and investors
Talk to our experts